The Support You Need for Tackling Kids' Transitions in This Unique Year
What You’ll Get From the Course
● Trusted expert guidance from a Doctor of Psychology with a specialty in trauma and postpartum maternal mental health, and a Master's Degree in Education. Cristie knows a thing or two about kids and schools as a former teacher, and a mom of three.
● Concrete tools to help with calm and grounding so you can care for your family and make decisions that work for all of you. Cristie will help you learn how to put the oxygen mask on you first.
● Finish the course with the confidence to get through this unique school year.
Who Is This For?
● Moms looking for guidance (not the unsolicited kind from your grumpy uncle on Facebook or your neighbor with no kids)
● Moms feeling lonely after months navigating this strange world without their community
● Moms who are confused by all the choices, or lack of them
● Moms who are fearful of all the twists and turns this year may bring no matter what decisions you make.
● Moms who have spent since mid-March functioning in crisis mode and are now realize that this isn't short-term
● Moms who are ready to live differently than they have in crisis mode
● Moms with one child who are exhausted from months of your kid's socialization being totally on you
● Moms who are overwhelmed and anxious (so, all of us really!)
Cristie Understands and Can Help If You…
● Are struggling with the decisions around the differences in this school year
● Are under the stress of the mental load of an entire household
● Are the stay-at-home mom who was not ready to be a full-time teacher
● Are an essential care worker and need a support system and schedule
● Are an entrepreneur who now struggles with working from home with kids' schedules being so different
If any of these sound like you (or the million other mom scenarios that are weighing down your mind and body) let's talk.
Education/Inspiration Videos Ever wonder why it seems like you're experiencing this time in what feels like a different mind or body than you've ever lived in? Every day of this course, you'll start with a video that will give a bit of background of how our minds work and the ways to manage them going forward.
Self Care Recordings After learning from the video, you'll get a chance to practice a new tool. There will be one to three audio recordings every lesson. These practices are meant to help restore your nervous system to a more restful state after months of feeling on edge and anxious. They include guided meditations, breathwork and grounding exercises.
Journal Pages Finally, after learning and practicing, each day you'll have some time to absorb it all. There will be new prompts and questions each day to help you integrate the information and systems you have learned so you can carry them through life.
From Chaos to Calm is designed as a course with one lesson a day for three days. You get access to everything as soon as you sign up so you can binge the whole program in a night if that's your style.
If you're not bingeing the course in one night I would suggest you give yourself one hour each day to devote to yourself through the course. Those hours can be spread out over weeks or broken up between the kids' naptime, nagging tweens about summer reading or monitoring teenagers incessant snacking and work zoom calls. It is a 3 day course, but it's designed for moms and you have lifetime access to the material. So, you'll get it done however you manage to always get it all done.
Now is a good time to let you know more about me.
I am a Doctor of Psychology with a specialty in trauma and postpartum maternal mental health. In my private practice, I work with new moms managing the huge transition to parenting and seasoned parents learning to navigate the transitions that kids of all ages go through. Before becoming a counselor, I worked as a teacher in public and private schools for 12 years. I even have a Master's Degree in Education, so I know a thing or two about kids and schools. Maybe most important though is that I am a working mom of three teenagers. (Yes, teenagers and yes, I once lived through a year of 3 under 4!) My kids are in three different schools and they have three very different types of needs. So, I am here, in the trenches with you, juggling motherhood, my relationships, career and self-care. I get it. My kids may be closer to college than diapers, but I remember those years and I am still passionate about helping all moms get what they need.
What Are the Benefits?
As mothers, we often take care of our kids first but we are both cornerstone and example so we need to make sure we are taken care of too. You can't pour from an empty pitcher so you have to put your own oxygen mask on first.(Is that enough mom cliches for you?)
For real, you have spent the last six months doing the work of ten men by balancing your own growth and emotional management with those of your children all in this time of the great unknown. You are the one everyone is looking to for guidance, but where are you getting yours? The benefits of this course are that you'll feel more connected and more supported. You'll leave with ideas for how to take care of yourself so that you can continue to take care of everyone else but not feel completely drained doing it. This short course will set you up so you can both see and seize the opportunities this time is bringing to teach our kids resilience and amazing life skills.
Imagine yourself in three days feeling more calm, more confident in your decisions and more peaceful in your home. There are two ways to respond:
A. Curl up in a ball or put your hands over your ears, wish for Summer 2021 to come faster than normal and lose a whole year. B. Look for opportunities and even maybe the magic in This Strange Time.
Sometimes, we may respond both ways in the same day! Join us in From Chaos to Calm so you can choose B more often, and make the most at whatever life throws your way.
This course is only open for two weeks. Get started now and be prepared to handle the chaos of school before the bell rings.